Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Do I need to obtain council approval to have tree work done?

A. You can find out if you need a permit from your local council by checking their “Tree Preservation Order.” You can contact them or download it from you council’s website. 


We can also offer advice on your councils' requirements. For instance, depending on your council, you may need a permit to remove a dead tree.

Q. Why should I use an Arborist to do my tree work?

A. An Arborist is trained in Arboriculture and has knowledge of tree physiology, species and their needs. They have training in safe work practices to deal with hazardous situations and comply with Australian Standards. It is best to use someone qualified and insured to carry out the work to protect you and your property.

Q. How do I get rid of stumps that are too big to dig out?

A. The best solution for large stubborn stumps is to use a stump grinder.

A stump grinding machine grinds down the stump below ground level with its cutting teeth, leaving wood chip that remains on site for you to use as quality mulch around your garden.

Q. How often should I prune my trees?

A. It depends on the type of tree and reasons for pruning. Generally all large and mature trees require pruning every 2-5 years. Trees may need more frequent inspections depending on storm activity or if a tree has developed any risks such as dead wood, fungal attack or other growth faults.

Q. What do I do when I'm want to remove or prune a tree on my property?

A. It's a good idea to contact your local council first. They can assist in providing information and help start the process. When you obtain information relevant to your circumstances you are in a better position and have the knowledge to request a more accurate quote.

Q. Can you provide a quote site unseen?

A. The cost is determined by variants such as the size of the tree, accessebility, its location relative to obstacles such as buildings, pools and sevices and the level of difficulty. Therefore it is best for us to inspect the site to provide you with an accurate quote. 

Q. Do I need to be on site for you to quote?

A. Sometimes it does make it easier if you are there, particulary when you have detailed instructions, or when you need to provide access to view the tree/s.


Often people are unable to attend and instead leave exact details of what to quote for. In that case we need your approval to enter the property and are happy to either leave the quote on the premises, fax or email it to you. We can always discuss the job further after we have seen it. 

Q. My tree has been looking sick, what can I do?

A. As qualified and experienced Arborists we can inspect your tree and give you professional advice and remedies to assist with its care and maintenance.

Q. Can I see relevant proof of insurances?

A. Yes. We’re happy to provide visual evidence in advance and also carry relevant documentation on site at all times. 


We have $10 million public liability insurance and full workers compensation.

Q. Do you give free quotes ?

A. All our quotes are free of charge.


AJ Superior Tree & Garden Services


Contact Information

T: 02 9487 8777

M: 0419 494 525

North Shore | The Hills | Ryde District | Parramatta City | Warringah Shire